Using JdbcTemplate in Spitter Web App

In the previous post I developed a CommandLineRunner Spring App to show how to use JdbcTemplate for simplify the JDBC access to an embedded instance of a H2 database. Here I port the changes to the Spittr Web App I have built up previously.

Actually, there is not much to say. There is some inconsistency between the two apps that spiced up the process, but nothing really complicated. I'd say the most interesting part is in the POM file. Here I removed, whenever it was possible, the versioning for each single dependency, relying instead on the parent element, where they are defined.
<parent>
    <groupId>org.springframework.boot</groupId>
    <artifactId>spring-boot-starter-parent</artifactId>
    <version>1.5.4.RELEASE</version>
    <relativePath />
</parent>
However, for some reason, Spring could not find the version for the JSP dependency, so I kept it as before
<dependency>
    <groupId>javax.servlet.jsp</groupId>
    <artifactId>javax.servlet.jsp-api</artifactId>
    <version>${jsp.version}</version>
    </dependency>
And left the versioning for it among the properties.
<properties>
    <project.build.sourceEncoding>UTF-8</project.build.sourceEncoding>
    <project.reporting.outputEncoding>UTF-8</project.reporting.outputEncoding>
    <java.version>1.8</java.version>
    <jsp.version>2.3.1</jsp.version>
</properties>
I pushed the new version of Spittr on GitHub.

No comments:

Post a Comment